Thursday, November 6, 2008

i hate plurk

as a person, i love talking. im very talkative, really talkative.

in chat, in text, in emails, in person, in blogs, I TALK A LOT!

when i was blogging at multiply, im happy with it because i have my own site, i can do my own thing and most important thing is i can design and edit my site theme in a way that would best describe me at the moment. so if you are a follower of my multiply site, you noticed that i change theme from time to time depending on my mood.

my point is, i love multiply because i dont lose my personality, my individuality, even if its in the world wide web. I am still ME.

when i was introduced to plurk, my initial reaction was.."my eyes are aching!" and later on as i observe and evaluate it, i begun to dislike it.

why???

because at PLURK, there is no ME. or YOU. YOUR IDENTITY AS A PERSON IS NOT EXISTING. all you have there is your name. nothing else. and i hate it.

in the world of cyberspace, presence is little by little vanishing. identity are getting lost and invisibility promoted. plurk is a great example. there is no way to track whats happening with the people. there is no way to understand a person deeper. there is no way to know a person intimately.

don't get me wrong. plurk is good for people who are into very dynamic lifestyle. but its not for me. i don't like it. and i don't promote it.

im happy with my blogspot and multiply. here, you can know me better.


there. done. moving on.

No comments: