Wednesday, November 5, 2008

resignation halted!

i talked to my very very kind and understanding boss at the project im planning to let go, he asked me to stay... and i can't say NO!

this is what kind people get, kindness and favor in return!

this guy is someone i look up to. he's the one who showed me the beauty of geographic information systems. Two months ago, i have zero knowledge with regards to this field, now, i know a lot. (well, technically i know a lot, but still a small proportion as to what my boss know)

anyway, i went there to asked about my appeal to resign from the project and he just sat me down and discuss to me things, specifically the things i need to deliver. i could not say no. i don't have the guts to just leave him there hanging in the air with the project halting with my resignation. so i said ok. i will continue. sigh.

i just want to share to you guys that when employees are in the crossroads of their life, the boss should be the one that inspire them to move on and get things going. not scold and punish and sucntion and make the feel worse and more miserable.

i must admit that i panicked with the idea of finishing the thesis and having lots of work aside from my current job, i started eliminating things i thought would hinder me from obtaining my masters degree. and the project is one of those things.

i love the job. i love the project and im learning new things a lot. but then again i was weighing the importance of it and the impact it will make in my life, and the masters degree simply overshadowed everything.

thesis now or never.

i guess i need to do good with planning and time management.





there. done. moving on.

No comments: