Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pure faith

There was a time in the past that a lot of youth were drawn to Christian churches. If you will ask me why is that? My answer is plain and simple, they can relate with it.

Why not? These churches carry great worship and great crowd. And churches knew that. Music is one of the main ingredients of the church. It’s one great tool to bring people to the church especially the youth. (Before you react and create a havoc on this blog entry, I just want to make one thing clear. I said, Music is a great tool to bring people to the church, and its only ONE of the many ingredients in a church. Im not saying that music is the only reason youth go to the church. No. I’m not saying that.)

So what is my point? Last Monday, while I was in church, I realized that they are not singing songs. It’s pure talking and listening. And I was reminded, of one song that talks about how it is to be in a position of nothing left but faith.

When everything is stripped away, when the music is not good, when the messenger is not eloquent, when the people are not great, when the things in your life are a mess, will you still go to his dwelling place and commune with him? That is the time that calls for pure faith. Only your faith will usher you towards him and actually experience his abundant grace.

When everything was stripped off… only faith… matters.

No comments: