Wednesday, March 4, 2009

im done teaching. time to say goodbye uplb.

Several weeks ago, i told our staff that i won't be renewing my contract next year. At ang bilis kumalat ng balita. This morning, my friend from manila asked me through ym if the news he heard there in manila is true. And I asked, about what? he told me that he heard that im resigning. what the heck?! People have been talking behind my back at hanggang manila umabot ang balita. So I decided to do this blog now.

YES. IM DONE WITH TEACHING.
BY JUNE 1, 2009, IM OUT OF UPLB.


I have been planning bout this already since last year. But then again, after considering some things, I decided to extend for another year. Last October 2008, I made several applications and attended some interviews. I originally planned to resign last october if ever a company will offer a job i want before 2nd semester starts. I got 3 job offers at the middle of November 2008. I told myself that its too late and the class already started that time. I can't bring myself to my superior and tell them im leaving at the start of the sem. I can't do it. I know how hard to get a teaching staff at that particular time. so i decided to finish until May 2009.

Sir Jimmy asked me why i suddenly decided to go out. My reason is i wanted to try other things. Im looking forward to a new work, new environment, new officemates, new place, etc etc. I want to do something for my professional growth. I want to try something new. It was never about salary or conflicts or lost of interest. no. its not that. I just want to explore new opportunities for me. that is the real reason for this decision. :)

And yes, im officially looking for work.