Sunday, March 15, 2009

sick.

yesterday, everything was fine until after the long night walk, lasted about an hour long, went home and went to bed. that is around 1am in the morning. at around 1:20, i have fever already, and i have a very bad headache. I was actually afraid to close my eyes for the fear that I won't be able to wake up the next morning. Its not that I am afraid to die, I just don't want to die now, especially this time that a lot of things in my life are about to change.

as i was lying there in my bed, i was thinking of death. (sorry for being morbid, but my head really hurts that night and i don't know the reason why. so i was just preparing myself in case hahaha) and i asked myself, if I will die today,

what are the things i regret not doing?

the first thing, i will regret not able to build a house for my parents. its the one thing i promised them before they die and they are not growing any younger. i need to act fast.

the second one, i will regret not having a family. yeah i know, im still young (or i just feel like it) and as-a-matter-of-fact getting married is not yet on my list of priorities. i wonder how difficult it is to maintain a relationship...

the third thing, i will regret not finishing my thesis. i have to move now. time is running out...

and so on and so forth..

life really has its way of slowing us down and make us think about the things we really care about but forget about them because we get distracted by our other endeavors in life. getting sick last night allowed me to check my priorities and do something with them NOW, while there is still enough time to do them.

how about you?

No comments: